Friday, January 19, 2007

Trip to Vernon

Well I'm back from my fabulous trip to Vernon. It was so great to see my family and friends again. Josh couldn't make the trip because he had to work. He was funny because he was so worried I would leave and not want to come back to Alberta. There were times when I wanted to stay because I never realized how much I missed everyone, but it was nice to come back to Bonnyville. This little town is really starting to grow on me :)

Here are a couple pictures from my trip...

I got to help my mom make the turkey this year. I had never done it before....

Here's Brad and Sarah's dog, Hudson, waiting for me to stop looking so he could start chewing on all the presents. I hardly took any pictures of our "Weglo Christmas"...I guess I was too busy relaxing. It was so great to be home eating all my mom's Christmas baking and good meals. We all played "Things" a few times which always ended up with lots of laughs. I love how you can play this game with anyone and laugh everytime. Well now I'm back at work, and back into reality. It's nice to get into our normal routine. Youth group's started up again and we've started getting together with the College and Career group too. I'm sure we'll be hoping for a break soon enough :)

10 comments:

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

Awesome post Laura. I can't believe how big Hudson looks in that picture. It sure was nice to have you home in vernon for a while, would've been even better if Josh could've made it out. Can't wait till we can come out to Bonnyville....maybe April or May long. We will see.

Rachel said...

LAURA! I kept waiting for youto post about your christmas!! i'm glad you had a good time, and i'm glad, too, that you came back to Bonnyville when it was over! I think I will have to call you guys sometime... I feel like its been too long!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Laura... I sympathize that you had to come back to Alberta! I know how you feel, when I go to Vernon without Kelvin... I really want my husband back... but I don't want Alberta back... :( I don't think Alberta's that bad... it's just that it's not home. Home is where the heart is... right? ha! I'm glad you're back though and I get to read new posts once again!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had fun with your family and friends! You and Josh are always welcome in Lac La Biche; I even have a spare room now! Love you both so much!

Auntie Lois

Rachel said...

hey hey, what's up in b'ville? missing you guys...

Lois said...

Hi Laura and Josh,

How is life in chilly Bonnyville? Same as in frigid LLB?!?! Do you like scrapbooking? Anna is hosting a day of card-making and scrapbooking next Saturday at the church (the 10th). Most people just bring their stuff and work on their own projects. Let me know if you are interested in coming up for the day, or overnight. Oh, you could drag Josh with you, too. LOL

Love you both!

Lois said...

Hi again,

Anna hosts the scrapbooking/craft day at the church the second Saturday every month, so you are always welcome to attend! I usually end up playing with Braelyn instead of doing a craft...

Talk to you soon!

Rachel said...

Ahem... don't you think its almost time to update those of us that are wondering whats up with you two? Dont tell me i'm going to have to pester Jared AND you guys?? Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

laura, i feel as though the time has come to tell you...

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE A SLACKER! time to update your blog :)


ps... sorry for the double thinger... blogger is making me mad... grrr