Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm finding myself waking up every morning these days saying, "ok, tonight I have to go to bed earlier!" But every night it's always as late as the night before, if not later.... We've been quite busy with working on our house, and visiting with friends and family, that the days don't seem long enough!
Josh is finishing up his last week in his 2nd year apprenticeship program. As soon as his exams are done on Friday, we're packing up our car and heading to Vernon for my brother's wedding. I'm so excited to have a week off, and I get to spend it in the beautiful Okanagan! We're really looking forward to seeing everyone again, and celebrating my brother's wedding.
Onto other exciting news, Josh's sister Rachel got home on Monday from being in Germany for a year. She's home for awhile and then heads back to Germany again for another year in August. She landed late Monday night, got hardly any sleep, then was leading worship for a ladies night at the church on Tuesday night. What a crazy girl. We could start to see her jetlag catching up to her early on in the evening, when she joined Jesseca and I making cookies at the church. Here are some pictures from the evening. Can you tell all of us were pretty tired, and giddy :)














So here we are, just mixing along. Jesseca and I were a team, trying to make better cookies then Rachel. If you look closely, you'll notice Rachel's dough is looking a little funny.

Jesseca and I start to realize that our cookie batter looks so much better and therefore, we'll have the better cookies.


Goofing around

We started to notice Rachel's cookies looking a little FLAT! I knew the batter looked a little funny :)

We'll blame it on the jetlag Rachel. We love ya and we're happy you're home!

1 comment:

Lois said...

Have a great time in the beautiful Okanagan! You both deserve a break from home renovations! The house is looking great so far; it's amazing how much work goes along with owning your own home, eh? Miss you both.

Auntie Lois