Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Surprise!

I’m pretty sure that most of you already know that Josh and I are going to have a baby! For those who didn’t, Surprise! Ha-ha. To tell you the truth, this was actually a big surprise for Josh and I. We weren’t planning on having kids for a while, but God definitely had something else in mind :)
So here are some details:
I am now 14 weeks pregnant, which makes the baby’s due date in September somewhere between the 10th and 14th. Because this baby was a surprise, we were a little unsure of the actual due date, but I’ve been telling people September 10th. So I get to be pregnant in the summer time!! I’m usually a cold person, and I love the heat, so I think it’ll be good :)
For the most part I’ve been feeling very good! I’m a little sick in the mornings but I feel good as soon as I eat something. It’s been a blessing not having to miss any work because of being sick. I've also been having pretty bad back pain already. At first I didn’t think it had anything to do with the baby because I thought you only got pain once the baby got bigger. But the doctor said that my muscles are all expanding to make room for baby, and so that’s probably the reason for my back pain. If anyone has any tips or exercises for relieving back pain, please do share :)

Other then that everything has been going really well. I haven’t started to show yet, but when I do I’ll make sure to post some belly pictures.
I’ve already had 2 ultrasounds, the first one was when I first found out we were pregnant and the baby was only the size of a little bean. Then last week, just to make sure everything was still ok with the baby, I had another one. So here is a picture of baby around 13 weeks.


12 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw.. look at that little Phillips in there... Glad you're not feeling too sick...

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

yeah for baby pictures!! So happy for you guys!! Can't wait for that belly to grow!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again guys!! Love the first picture!

Anonymous said...

hey!! Totally excited for you two! that's great and i can't wait to see more pictures!

Danny and Andrea said...

That is really exciting news, Raeanne will have another friend!!
We are both very excited about the news.
Andrea & Danny

Anonymous said...

Auntie Shelley gave us the heads up last night - Congrats!!!! - so fun that you can be near your sister while raising little ones.

Lois said...

Thanks for sharing the ultrasound, Laura. So exciting to be welcoming a new little Phillips into the world. Love you both! Auntie Lois

Anonymous said...

another grandchild...
maybe we will have to consider moving to alberta.
congratulations to both of you....we are over the moon again!

love dad

Sarah said...

Congratulations, how exciting! I'm happy for you both.

Cheecha85 said...

Laura... I know this person, I think you know him too... he's a chiropractor... did you know that chiropractic treatments can be very beneficial to a pregnant mommy and baby

Anonymous said...

congrats again!! i can't believe how clear that little photo is of your baby!! wow! when i was pregnant with ryder, my back started hurting RIGHT AWAY, then got better as the pregnancy went on.... so hopefully that's what's happening with you! i did a lot of massage, and it helped out so much.... you can claim it, too...

that's us... said...

i heard from the very excited aunties...congratulations laura and josh!