Monday, March 21, 2011

And we're back...

My brother informed me the other night that it’s not New Years anymore so it’s about time to update my blog. I’ve been meaning to post for a long time I’ve just been lazy, and unmotivated.

Here are some updates on our family. First of all, Josh quit his job about a month ago. Wow, I can’t believe it’s already been a month. It’s a long story of how and why it all happened, but it’s actually a very good thing. He’s been at home trying to decide if he wants to go back to work. He’s accepted for school in the fall for Power Engineering, and he wants to do some projects around the house this summer (re-building our deck, shingling the garage) so he’s not sure if it's worth finding a job for only a couple months. Josh will then be a stay at home dad with Liam for the summer. Lucky guy!
Liam is talking more and being an active 2 and a half year old. He’s new favorite thing is the saying his alphabet. He hasn’t quite got the song down it’s more like “A B C D G K LMMM P Q R S T U V W X Y Z” It’s pretty cute. I’ll have to get a video of him singing it.
Everything else is going good. I’m still working full time, and helping out at youth group when I can. We’re all really looking forward to all the snow melting and for spring to finally come so we can get outside more. We’re definitely done with winter so thankfully it’s starting to warm up!

Here's some pictures that were on our camera from the last couple months.




Liam and Josh goofing around at bath time




Liam zonked out on the couch.



I also have some Christmas photos still on my camera. Christmas at the Phillips.




Having a cuddle with Auntie Rachel



Liam showing off his new Cars collection from Grandma and Papa Phillips



New Years at the Rempels:






Grandma Weglo and Auntie Shelley braving the cold. Liam didn't last too long :)





This past weekend Sarah came up with the kids for a visit. We hadn't seen each other since New Years so it was nice that she could come up for a couple nights.


Bathtime!



We headed to the Phillips for a soak in the hot tub.




Autumn and I watched from the sidelines :)


Autumn is so photogenic. Such a cutie!


Liam is getting to be such a big boy

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! Great new post! I love all the pictures and especally the one with you and Autumn! She really is photogenic!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new update and the photos for us to look at over and over again. Mom

Anonymous said...

he is getting bug! 2 and a half already? sometimes i'm so busy watching my kids grow up that i forget other kids are growing, too! where are you working, laura? where was josh accepted for school? are you planning on moving?

Anonymous said...

YEAH a new post!!! Love all the pictures. I can't believe how much Autumn looks like my baby pictures. WOW. I guess I didn't turn out half bad so she should be okay :)
Love the one of the three of them in the tub too.
Look forward to seeing you at Easter.
~Auntie Shelley

Unknown said...

New rule. Liam has to stop growing until I can come visit again. :|

Laura said...

Hey Alison, thanks for the comment. I'm still working at an oil field office doing accounts payable. It's a great job and I love it! Josh is going to school for Power Engineering in Cold Lake which is just 25 minutes away so he can drive there and back every day. So no moving plans in the near future.

Amanda Klassen said...

Yay! I miss you guys...

Jason Weglo said...

yaaaahhhh, a new post. love all the new pics. i like the pic of liam and josh with bubbles on their faces. wish i could hear liam say the alphabet. sounds pretty funny. from what i hear, Autumn's always smiling.
jason