Saturday, September 23, 2006

Update From Us

Well there's not much new in our life here in Alberta. Josh has been going to school for the past month for his first year apprenticeship. He goes for another month and then continues to work at the Ford dealership for the rest of the year. And me, I'm still working at an oilfield office and I'm loving it!
Josh has started to count the days till Hockey season. How many? Let me ask him...12 more days til the Oiler's start. I have to say that I have become an Oiler's fan. Not too many friends and family from BC are happy but I have to be a submissive wife to my husband...right? Here's a picture of us at Christmas time after my mom had bought us these shirts for our family. She bought Oilers for us, Flames for Sarah and Brad, and Canucks for Jason and Darcy. I've also been blessed with a brother in law who is obsessed with hockey. Can you tell?




4 comments:

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

That's right, we can be hockey widows TOGETHER!!! Gotta love those canucks!! ( oh right, submission...I mean gotta love those flames!!!)

Rachel said...

Yay Oilers!! Laura I am so proud of you for embracing Josh's team! That is true submission!!!

Pauline McKone said...

So I'm only going be half as submissive as a wife. I'll cheer for the canucks (Quinn's team) EXCEPT when they're playing the Oil. There's no way I can let that one slide. GO OILERS GO!!
Pauline

Anonymous said...

Submission is not trading in your hockey team, Laura!! Your husband also has to look out for your interestes too!
I'm not looking forward to loosing my husband to hockey this season. We were thinking about cancelling our satilitte, till Kelvin's friend said he can watch all the hockey games there this season. I decided I'd like to see Kelvin every once an while this year. We are keeping satilitte. Go Canucks!