Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Edmonton Oilers

There are certain perks to working in an oil field office...you get free tickets to NHL games! And not just any tickets I got sky box seats to last night's game against Phoenix! Even though we were so high up, the view was amazing!
Rachel, I know how much you're missing hockey so I thought I'd bring the Oilers to you...
Here are some pictures of the game.


Now let me tell you about what it's like to have a sky box. We had our own entrance with an elevator taking us right to the sky box. When we opened the door, there was an all you can eat buffet and our own waitress to bring us non stop drinks! (don’t worry mine were all juice and pop) After grabbing a plate of yummy food, we then sat in our seats overlooking the whole arena. It was an amazing view! In between the 2nd and 3rd period a group of us went exploring and we found out that we could go downstairs right by the dressing room. It was crazy! I felt like a little kid at Christmas time. I was taking pictures like crazy. Here is one of Staios and Lupul to prove that I was actually there!



And to top it all off, the Oiler's won the game! The final score was 5-2 as you can see from the scoreboard!

It was so much fun. We didn't get in till 1:00 in the morning but it was all worth it! I wish I could have taken Josh with me, but it was only for the employees of our company. I'm sure he'll have a chance to see them sometime this year. I have other pictures, but the computer is being silly. I'll try and post them later. Go Oilers Go!

5 comments:

Kyla said...

Hey Laura,
Sounds like fun...even though i really don;t like the Oilers. :)
-Kyla <3

Rachel said...

LAURA I LOVE YOU!!!!! Even tho I am a bit jealous! I am so glad you got to experience the Oil in STYLE!!! Josh, you musta been a bit green with envy too! Thanks for the pics - they brought a big smile to me!!! yay oilers!!

Pauline McKone said...

Wow. That's all I can say. I watched that game from my tv at home, wishing I was there... I've been to Oilers games, but never in a skybox. Soooo lucky!! It was a great game to go to! Too bad Josh couldn't go. That would have been weird going without him.
Pauline

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

I'm so glad you got to go to that game laura, that's awesome. Maybe if we move to Alberta i should try to get into the oil companies eh?? Good benefits that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Too bad my Oiler's game was such a pain in the foot! Glad yours was a much happier experience!
You know who :-)