Monday, November 06, 2006

Youth Retreat

Josh and I have been working with the church youth group this fall and it's been such a blast. This past weekend we took a group of our youth to "Ignite", a retreat in Wainwright. The weekend was packed with rally's, great worship, great speaker (Dean Yurkewich), good visiting, fun games, but not too much sleep. Here is a picture of our youth that went.



On Saturday night, while it was freezing cold, we played a game called Black Ninja. The leaders got to be the ninja's and wear masks over our eyes. Now there were good ninja's and bad ninja's. The good ninja's gave away certain objects and once a group of youth collected all objects they would win. But then there were the bad ninja's who would steal objects from youth. Well I was a bad ninja and I could only steal balloon's. Halfway during the game, I realized I didn't like being a bad ninja so I became a half bad half good ninja. I would give back balloons that I had stolen from other kids. I guess you could call it cheating but it was still fun :) Here's a picture of some of our youth girls and me in my mask. Josh kept saying I looked ridiculous...

Playing some games in a gym on the Saturday. Good times:)

Me and the girls chilling at the church.

Now I'm back a work, quite sleepy and missing my hubby. He's gone for the next week for a course in Edmonton. It's the first time we've been apart and I'm already missing him. I know I'm pathetic :) I'm filling up the week with lots of visits to the in-laws and lots of girls nights. It should be fun!

6 comments:

Kyla said...

Hey Laura
Sounds like soooo much fun! Wish you could come on our youth trips!
-Kyla <3

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

Sounds like you had a blast....unfortunately i don't miss those late nights when we were in youth, i'm in bed by 9:30. Wow, I'm pathetic.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you went and had so much fun - Debbie tells me ALL THE TIME how much she loves that you and Josh help out!

Anonymous said...

I love that you guys help out with youth group! I don't know Josh at all... but I know you definitley have the heart for it! Glad to hear your following God!

Rachel said...

Did you guys know Jared started a blog? xanga.com/jaredlphillips. he's so funny!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't you call me something other than 'in-law'? Isn't there a more loving name? You know all the connotations that go with 'in-law'!
You know who :-)