Monday, November 13, 2006

Happy Birthday John

Well my lonely week has come and gone. Josh got home on Friday, Yippee! I'm definitely not a big fan of him going away. I spent most of the week with Josh's wonderful parents. (Is that better Tammy:) Josh's brother, Jared, was also home for reading week so I got to visit with him. Then this past weekend we celebrated a big event in the Phillips family...John (Josh's dad) turned 50! We surprised him with a party on the Saturday night. In all Weglo tradition, I presented him with a birthday chocolate bar card. The chocolate didn't last very long, we were already into them that night :)
Here are some pictures of the eventful evening...

The chocolate bar card that I made.
John receiving his birthday cake with 50 candles. It was pretty smoky when he blew them out. We were all surprised the smoke detector didn't go off :)


This was a yummy idea Tammy had. It was made by stacking cream puffs and then filling in the holes with whipped topping and drizzled with chocolate sauce. It didn't stay this pretty for very long.

Josh and I gave John a miniature chain saw. He opened it up right away and looked to see what he could start cutting. He got a lot of good gag gifts along with a "Cher" like wig. He must of liked the feeling of having hair again because he even wore it on Sunday afternoon :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Awww...it sounds like it was a blast!!! I am glad you are there and enjoying the fam - sorry I missed you guys when I called on Sat. I've been thinkin of you lots! Love ya!

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

Sounds like you had a good time, I'm glad Josh is home, I hate spending that long of a time apart from Brad too!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you get along with your inlaws! great to hear... grumble grumble... i remember going to your birthday and seeing those chocolate bar cards. funny stuff!