Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Another eventful weekend in our lives has passed…
Friday night we headed to Cold lake to finally buy our sink!! $360.00 later, we hopped back into the car and headed to McDonald’s for a quick, cheap supper :) On our way, we drove past Boston Pizza and Josh pulled in saying he wanted pizza instead. I didn’t mind... I always love to eat out with Josh so I went along thinking nothing was different. We get into Boston Pizza and I find out my friends had planned a surprise birthday dinner for me! I’m usually pretty good at guessing surprises, but they totally got me on this one! Since I didn’t know about it, I had left my camera at home so I don’t have any pictures to show… But it was lots so fun!
Then Saturday was spent renovating our house. We got so much accomplished and now I finally have a sink!! HALLELUIAH!! I never thought I would be so happy to do dishes :)
Also most of the kitchen is now finished…we still don’t have backsplash yet, so I’ll wait till we have that to show you pictures. But here is my fancy new shiny sink…

I know, it's just a sink, but when you haven't had one for a few months you really appreciate these things :)
John also came over for the day and helped renovate. Here he is putting our tile in by our front door. It looks so good!
Then on Sunday Brad and Sarah arrived to stay the night before moving into their new home in Lloydminster!! I was so happy to see them, and see Sarah's growing belly. We enjoyed a nice relaxing evening and then headed on Lloyd on Monday to help them move in.


Sarah unpacking her kitchen

The Boys taking a rest after unloading all the boxes


Now we're busy finishing off the rest of the house for when Brad, Sarah, Shelley, and my parents come for Thanksgiving. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's going to be kind of different for mom and i to go to our kid's place for thanksgiving after all those years of having the family meet at our house.
you didn't show any outside pics.
you don't have three feet of snow or anything do you?
love dad

Cheecha85 said...

You had a birthday party and I wasn't invited. I'm so hurt.

Rachel said...

What beautiful sinks you have! I can't wait to see them in person!