Monday, April 23, 2007

Our eventful weekend

Josh and I had another very eventful weekend!
On Friday night, Josh and I were in charge of planning youth so we played the "Amazing Race". It was so much fun! The youth had to drive around town and video tape themselves doing certain challenges that Josh and I had made up. Since we were in charge, we thought we'd take advantage of all the youth and use the game to get our yard cleaned up a little. So one of the challenges was, "Video your entire group picking up dog poop in Josh and Laura's new backyard". We made sure it was worth a lot of points towards their team and they actually did it! Other challenges they had to do were serenade a rubber duckie with, "Rubber Duckie, you're the one" in a church members bathtub. One of the groups videotaped Josh's grandpa (one of the elder's in our church) and a youth in the bathtub singing. It was so funny that they showed it in church on Sunday!
Then on Saturday Josh had to work so I headed over to our house to do some painting. As I pulled up, I saw a family from our church doing yardwork for us! The people who we bought the house from had decided to leave the front yard and backyard full of dog poop, cigarette butts, and lots of garbage. Josh and I had planned to take a day to clean it up, but instead it was all done for us! We felt so blessed by this family considering two of them are youth and they could have been taking a day off but instead came and cleaned up our messy yard!
After Josh got off work, we headed into Edmonton in search for new kitchen stuff. We spent the night at "Alissa Hotel". It was great to visit with her and she even came shopping with us the next day!
So onto Sunday...we spent the whole day at IKEA! I think Alissa just came for the hot dog deal but it was still so much fun to have her around and give us advice on certain kitchen stuff. We got to IKEA just after 11 and Josh and I didn't leave till 6. We couldn't make up our mind on what cupboards to buy, but finally decided on the Antique Finish. Thankfully it all fit into the blazer and we headed home!
Josh is starting school again today in his 2nd year apprenticeship and I'm sure as soon as he gets home, he'll be ripping open the boxes to our cupboards to start assembling them. Then my parents are coming up on Thursday to help us paint and bring up some furniture! I'm so excited to see them!
Well thanks for reading my ramblings and I hope you all have a great week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much fun!? ikea is great for that kinda stuff, eh? i'm excited for when we get to build, and i get to do all that shopping again! yea!! lol.... and thanks for the congrats!

Lois said...

Hi Laura,

I've been trying to get in touch with you guys... you're not busy or anything are you??? HA. I will keep trying.

Auntie Lois

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

I love the antique stain cupboards, that's what i want as well. I can't wait to come up in may and check it all out.

Lois said...

Hi Laura,

I've been meaning to call, but have been busy! My Princess House party was last night and I want to place the order soon. Are you free for lunch on Friday? My treat! Then we could go over the catalogue and you could pick what you'd like. Let me know if that's okay. Love you!

Rachel said...

good post, laura! glad the weekend was great and that people from church have been helping you guys out. granny told me about the videotape of grandpa and - zachary? and it sounds really funny. i can hardly wait to see your place!!

Lois said...

Sorry we couldn't get together this weekend, it would have been great to see you. Hey, do you know when John and Tam are getting back? Gavin is turning out to be quite a smiler; I got about five yesterday!