Friday, April 13, 2007

It's official, we own a home! We got the keys today so now all we have to do is move all of our stuff in! We're heading to Edmonton this weekend to buy everything we need to renovate. I'm really excited about all the painting I get to do. There are so many color ideas I like, there just doesn't seem to be enough rooms. The people who lived there before didn't like too much color, considering the walls are all white. But if anyone has any paint colors that they've used in the past and have liked, I would love hear them. We'll have to post before and after pictures as soon as we finish renovating everything!


Here I am holding up the keys to our new house!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, you guys are so cute! i do love the hues that we used in our house... so i recommend those... however, it's mostly just beige with shades of green in them... so if you want COLOUR... maybe don't take my advice. i'm very excited for you guys!! do you know what all you're going to be getting from edmonton? flooring, paint, furniture?? maybe you should amber's hubby to come help you out! ;)

Pure Life Photography | Chris and Jen Fowler said...

hey guys. i was on ryder's blog and decided to check out his links and came across yours... colours eh? well... your talking to the colour queen here! we have in our house... all basically primary colours. blue - bathroom, our girls room, and front room. green - kitchen. yellow - dining room. red - living room. and a rusty orange - master bedroom. so we're quite opposite of alison;) lol so there you have it;) have fun renoing and decorating!

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys! We'll have to stop by sometime and check it out! karen and keith

Anonymous said...

WOOT! WOOT! thats awesome laura, im so excited for you guys! wow, you guys have your own house now, thats pretty sweet.

Sabbie

Anonymous said...

people are cheating on me?? using MY links to check out others' blogs?! lol, i guess that'll have to be okay....

Lois said...

Congrats! I lived in a white world for lots of years, so every room in my house so far has different colours! I am now in the process of painting my all-white bathroom! My advice on painting; Benjamin Moore. It costs more, but gives wonderful results. If only Rachel wasn't so far away, eh?

Brad and Sarah Rempel said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! i can't wait to come up and help you out sometime in May. I just wish it wasnt' 13 hours away. As far as colours go i think i'll phone you on that one...it's too exciting to list all here!